Monday, March 5, 2012

Don't quit...

I taught for one year at an all girls, alternative education school. I learned the true meaning of what it meant to be an advocate for children. I had to make decisions I knew would truly affect my student’s day to day life and living situations and sometimes environment. I fought for ‘my girls’ in ways I never thought I would ever have to in being a teacher. And in the end, it made me a better parent.

In my previous blog, I mentioned how God had moved some pretty big mountains for us. Dr. Fearon is covered by Tricare, but Dr. Sacco, ( pediatric neurosurgeon ), is not. Getting Dr. Sacco approved as an out of network approval, was going to be a fight. Especially since Dr. Sacco is considered a ‘second opinion.’ Dr. Willert had even once stated, ‘You know how to write your Congressman, right?’ We knew we were up for a fight and we were ready to do so.

God literally blessed our family with the addition of Nathan. He, ( with his brother ), is my greatest blessing. You hear so many cliché’s before you have children, but one that has proven the most true to me is that ‘having a child, is literally like having your heart walk around on the outside of your body.’ There is literally nothing in this world, I wouldn’t do for that little boy. I will be his strongest fighter and his biggest advocate. Besides, God’s not done with him yet. In fact, He’s only just begun.

Today we were made aware, that Tricare approved Dr. Sacco to not only evaluate, but treat Nathan as well, ( i.e. treatment = surgery approved!!! ) I was standing when I found out this information and I instantly felt faint. I had to sit down. I literally couldn’t believe my eyes or my ears. Sacco. Approved. 4 visits.

Now we are waiting on the dictation from Dr. Fearon’s office for his plan of service, or POS, for Nathan. Once we get that, we will be submitting that to Tricare. Once that get’s approved, ( which we have been told should not be a problem ), we will then be scheduling Nathan’s surgery. I’m still in constant awe and amazement at how quickly everything is progressing. Referrals that should take weeks are taking hours and days.

Through all of this I have learned, that I will not quit. I will not give up. I know my God is on our side!


No comments:

Post a Comment